The MS Society, 60 Year Anniversary.
If you have been reading my posts you will know that I am hoping to raise money Multiple Sclerosis. MS is a disease my father has had since he was 39, that’s 34 years ago, it’s a given that I would raise money for MS.
I am working with the MS Society to raise funds and awareness in what is their 60th Anniversary year. To follow is a little more about the disease.
MS takes many forms in the way it attacks the body and can progress at different rates. I will talk more about this later as it something I have lived with all my life with my father being diagnosed when I was 6 years old. For now here is a brief overview.
About Multiple Sclerosis (source MS Society)
- Multiple sclerosis (MS) is a condition of the central nervous system
- In MS, the coating around nerve fibres (called myelin) is damaged, causing a range of symptoms
- Around 100,000 people in the UK have MS. It’s normally diagnosed in people between the ages of 20 and 40, and affects almost twice as many women as men
- Once diagnosed, MS stays with you for life, but treatments and specialists can help you to manage the symptoms
- We don’t know the cause and we haven’t yet found a cure, but research is progressing fast
This link is a copy of my MS Permission to Fundraise letter for anyone who wishes to validate.
About the Author
Thank you for visiting. I am first and foremost, a single mum to a beautiful daughter. The other hat I wear is an author who loves to travel and learn, inspiring others along the way. As a parent, I am driven to inspire my daughter through the world around us. I am very aware that life is short and I don't want to find myself looking at Lola at 16, thinking "wow, where did the time go!"