Travels with Lola is our book project, it enables me to combine the things I am passionate about – writing, spending time with family and travelling.
In 2017 I plan to release several books which I am writing and illustrating together with Lola. We use our every day experiences and create stories which we hope will inspire other families to do the same. The books will grow as Lola does and we hope that our readers will be along for the ride.
- To lead by example, showing the importance of communication, listening and being together.
- To inspire families to share valuable time together, learning and growing, making the most of the world around us.
- We are driven by a passion and a desire to encourage parents to take on a whole of life approach to the growth and stability of their family unit, from early years through to adolescence.
- In the age of “heads in phones”, we wish to support childhood literacy; encouraging children to embrace story telling and creativity through their own adventures, not through those on a small shiny screen.
- Because time is finite. We need to make the most of it with our loved ones; let’s inspire others to do exactly that.
The first series links directly to the adventures we had on our 3,000 mile road trip in France which is documented in Clancy Goes to France and we have now published the first children’s book, Flocky the Noisy Duck. I hope that parents and grandparents will read the travel memoir themselves as well as enjoy reading the mini-memoirs with their little ones.